Oleksandr Usyk - The Ukrainian Boxing Sensation
Oleksandr Usyk beat Anthony Joshua to claim the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight belts in London.
And the Ukrainian could be forgiven for reminiscing about how far he's come.
The 34-year-old only made his debut in the heavyweight division in 2019, after crushing everyone at cruiserweight level.
However, it wasn't always so easy for the man nicknamed The Cat.
SPORT WAS HIS SALVATION
Usyk was born in Ukraine's Crimea region in the city of Simferopol in 1987, and immediately was thrust into a life where his only release was sport.
"As a child, I did some wrestling, hand-to-hand combat, karate… But without fanaticism," he revealed.
While he's more famous for his exploits in the ring, Usyk, who married his childhood sweetheart Yekaterina in 2009, showed he does have a more playful side too.
In 2018 he lent his voice to The Stolen Princess - a Ukrainian animated movie that became a box office hit earning £50m around the world.
Protect your phone and the environment all in one go—this phone case is eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable. Cover your phone with a unique case to protect it from bumps and scratches in style.
• 100% biodegradable material
• Components: soil (30%), onions (7.5%), carrots (7.5%), pepper (7.5%), sawdust (1.5%), rice (18%), soybeans (18%), wheat (10%)
• Anti-shock protection
• Thickness over 1.8mm
• Decomposes in ~1 year
• Packaged in a degradable and protective CPE 07 bag and shipped in a carton box
• The SE case fits the 2020 iPhone SE model
• Blank product sourced from China